In a handsomely illustrated volume from yale university press clare robertson offers a panorama of the visual arts in the city of rome in the years just before and after 1600 the jubilee of pope clement viii. The reign of clement viii 1592 1605 witnessed a confluence of extraordinary circumstances culminating in the jubilee of 1600 when hundreds of thousands of pilgrims descended upon rome. Rome 1600 the city and the visual arts under clement viii clare robertson new haven yale university press 2015 x 450 pp 75 as the title and contents of rome 1600 immediately demonstrate this book sustains. Stanford libraries official online search tool for books media journals databases government documents and more
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.